Sep 19, 2010

Day One On The Road


Here it is… my blog post of our cross country traveling!  I am hopeful that I will be able to update often so that friends and family can know what is going down.

 
Today I left home and it was really hard.  

 I’m really excited, but I am also very sad to be leaving my family.  I am trusting the Lord is going to settle my heart and help me to overcome the homesickness I know is just around the corner.

We ( me and my dad) left early after having a wonderful breakfast (made by mother dearest :)) and started on our way through Virginia and most of Tennessee . We will be driving a little under 700 miles a day for the next four days. Our plan is to arrive in San Diego on Tuesday.            

On the road we have encountered some interesting things, and I am here to share them with you.

Evil Purple Truck: Evil purple truck followed us for so many miles! It cut me off sevel times and caused traffic to stop on numerous occasions. Every time I thought I lost him, there he was in my rear view….staring at me.

Possessed Change Drawer:  In the car there is this little drawer, it pops open every time we go over a bump. Slightly creepy.
Just FYI, this guy is awesome!
 Safari Hat Man: When we were driving through Knoxville, TN we drove past a man in an old school safari hat ( like the one in the picture). Yes, a safari hat. He was in a red convertible with a normal looking woman. But he was still wearing a safari hat.  I wish I was related to that man so I could try on his awesome hat but alas…I am not.

That Hair Place: We went to the store to get some water bottles and I saw one of the best named hair salons in town.  It is genius I tell you...GENIUS!! Just think about how much fun you could have with this.

" What are you doing today?" "Oh, just going to get my hair cut at That Hair Place." " Which one?" "That Hair Place off of 8th" " What's the name of it?" " You know... That hair place." " But whats its name!?"
Hahaha, oh the possibilities!! 

We also had a discussion on the eternal struggle between Pirates and Ninjas. It was extremely interesting because Dad is a ninja sympathizer and I lean more towards Piracy…yeah.

On our trip we’ve been playing a nonstop game of Mad-Gab. The names of towns and streets are sometimes so strange and foreign like Buckshort, Algood, Cookeville, Chillhowie and Abingdon.  Trying to sound it out, eventually figuring our what the place is called after sounding like an idiot. But its okay, we sound like idiots together.  Dad has also gotten very into the flicking game, the “see a license plate from another state and you get to flick the person sitting next to you.

We have been past some places with really cool names like Palestine, Sparta, Paris, London, Lebanon and Damascas.

Overall the first day of travel was good.  The Lord has definitely been blessing us on our way. Thank you so much for all your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment